At the Healing Wings Outpatient Center, our goal is to provide high quality HIV/AIDS care to our patients in a calm, comfortable and welcoming environment. We strive to make sure you have the medical and emotional support you need in our newly renovated, state-of-the-art outpatient center, located just north of John Peter Smith Hospital in Fort Worth.
Getting tested for HIV is easy and fast. We offer free HIV testing using the Alere test, which provides results in 20 minutes. This is a fingerstick test that is based on whole blood sample. Free HIV testing is offered to anyone in the community ages 13 or older at our center, as well as other JPS Health Centers.
- HIV Specialty and Primary Medical Care - Our physicians and nurse practitioner serve as HIV specialists and primary care physicians. We manage all stages of HIV/AIDS at our facility.
- Anal Dysplasia Screening and Treatment - The HIV primary care physician or nurse practitioner conducts the screening process for our patients. Patients should discuss the need for anal cancer screening with their primary HIV physician or nurse practitioner during their office visit.
- HIV Pain Management - Patients suffering from complex pain syndromes are referred to our HIV pain management clinic. Advanced treatment from a physician who is specialized in pain management is available on-site.
- Medical Case Management - A licensed social worker and registered nurse provide medical case management to our patients. The medical case managers complete a comprehensive assessment and develop a plan of care.
- Medication Adherence Program - All patients starting antiretroviral therapy, changing therapy or having problems with their current therapy are referred to the adherence program.
- Nutritional Assessment & Counseling - Our registered dietician completes a nutritional assessment and develops a plan of care with our patients.
- Patient and Family Education - Patient Education programs include HIV 101, Medication Adherence, Nutritional Needs of the HIV Patient, and many more.
Several grants are available to our patients, depending upon income. Patients who qualify for grants can also apply for discounted medical care through the JPS Connection program. Please contact our Healing Wings eligibility representative at 817-702-1399 for assistance or if you have any questions. We also accept patients with Medicare, Medicaid and private insurance.