As the largest medical training institution in Fort Worth, learning and residency training are the heart of the mission of JPS Health Network – to make lives better. Ten academic residency programs exist at JPS to meet the health care needs of Tarrant County.
JPS residents receive training in a wide variety of skills, receive lectures from nationally recognized leaders, and actively participate in research and scholarly activity.
Life in Fort Worth
Whether you enjoy sporting events, outdoor activities or historical and cultural offerings, Fort Worth has something for everyone. Founded as an Army outpost in 1849, Fort Worth boomed as one of the strategic centers along the Chisholm Trail. Fort Worth is currently the 17th largest city in the US. Minutes from key business centers, numerous corporate headquarters, DFW International Airport, entertainment venues and sports arenas, Fort Worth offers all the amenities of the nation’s larger urban cities with the relaxed atmosphere and convenience of a small town. In addition, the Trinity Railway Express makes destinations on the Dallas side of the DFW Metroplex a relaxing 45-minute train ride away.
Salaries (effective July 1, 2019)
- PGY 4: $62,978.42
- PGY 5: $65,758.83
Medical and dental insurance is provided for the resident and immediate family members. JPS Health Network also provides disability and professional liability coverage.
JPS grants maternity and paternity leave in accordance with the Family Medical Leave Act.
$1,500 provided each year.
$1,500 provided for all new residents.
20 calendar days of PTO and 5 days to attend educational activities.
JPS provides the following for all residents:
- Cell Phone Purchase Allowance
- Monthly Cell Phone Allowance
- Text Pager
- Lab Coats
- Tax Deferred Annuity
- 24-hour Medical Library
- Direct Deposit
- Medical and Dental Benefits (Employer paid Premium)
- Vision Plan (Available for purchase by Employee)
- Health Care (Flex spending accounts available for self and dependent care)
- Long Term Disability (Employer paid after 90 days of employment)
- Short Term Disability (Available for purchase by Employee)
- Cancer/Critical Illness Insurance (Available for purchase by Employee)
- Worker's Compensation
- Educational Employees Credit Union (E.E.C.U.)
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
- Basic Group Term Life/Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Universal Voluntary Life Insurance (Available for purchase by Employee)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Malpractice Insurance
- Family Medical Leave (FMLA)
- Personal Leave
- Paid Time Off (see PTO section of House Staff Manual)
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Bereavement
- Paid Jury Duty
- Paid Military Leave
- Savings Bonds (Available for purchase by Employee)
- Health Club Membership Discount (See current list on jpshealthnet.org)
- The "T" E-Pass (Train/Bus) (Available for purchase in Human Resources)
- Discount tickets to Six Flags Over Texas and the Fort Worth Zoo