Why is Prenatal Care Important
A healthy start. Why is it important?
Prenatal care benefits every woman during her pregnancy.
Prenatal care is important to the health and future of your unborn baby.
- Don't wait to see a health care professional.
- Eat healthy. Take a multivitamin every day.
Women who see a health care provider during pregnancy:
- Develop healthier babies
- Are less likely to deliver too early
- Lower likelihood to have other serious problems related to pregnancy
Can I afford it?
Several plans are available to assist with the cost of your pregnancy and delivery.
- JPS Connection - tax-supported medical program offered to eligible Tarrant County residents.
- JPS OB Pack - discounted package for prenatal care and delivery to eligible Tarrant County residents.
- Perinatal CHIP
- Private Insurance