Partial Hospitalization Programs
The partial hospitalization program is an all-day, short term, structured, intensive treatment program for patients 18 years of age or older. This outpatient program may be utilized as a step-down transition from acute inpatient care or as an alternative to inpatient treatment. We have PHP locations throughout the county, please call 817-702-3100 to find the location closest to you.
The program is designed to treat patients whose psychiatric conditions are too severe to be managed in outpatient therapy alone, and who might otherwise require inpatient treatment. The primary goals of patient treatment are to increase coping skills and stabilize symptoms by addressing life management skills, and exploring cognitive and behavioral changes. Progress toward these goals helps in the development of independent and healthy lifestyles.
The program is designed for adults who:
- Are motivated to engage in treatment and are able to participate in and benefit from the education and therapy groups provided.
- Have a psychiatric diagnosis that would place them at risk of inpatient hospitalization if the partial hospitalization services are not provided.
- Agree to abstain from substance abuse while admitted to the program.
- Demonstrate a willingness to assume responsibility for their safety outside program hours.
- Have an adequate support system.
The physician led treatment team includes physician assistants, social workers, occupational therapists, registered nurses, and psychiatric technicians. This experienced team evaluates each patient and develops a personalized plan of treatment.
Length of Stay and Hours
The partial hospitalization program is an intense, short-term treatment program. Each patient’s length of stay will depend upon the patient’s individual treatment needs.
The program schedule runs from 9:00 am to 3:30 pm. Check in time is 8:30 to 9:00