Virtual Behavioral Health Clinical Guidance
The diagnosis and management of behavioral health conditions can be complex and access to psychiatrists and other behavioral health professionals can be challenging.
JPS Health Network has built a free virtual resource center available by phone or email to Primary Care Providers on a 24/7 basis. The behavioral health team is committed to providing one-on-one guidance to primary care providers, an online library of evidence-based behavioral health resources, and educational opportunities about behavioral health conditions.
The links on the right provide a host of resources including consultations, a document library and community resources.
- A team member from virtual guidance team shall be available on a 24/7 basis to respond within 30 minutes of a request.
- Providers are encouraged to raise questions on any topic related to the care of patients with mental health, substance abuse or developmental needs.
- Access to services will allow primary care providers to utilize behavioral health expertise in areas including but not limited to:
- Diagnostic impressions and guidance
- Psychoactive medication information and guidance
- Trajectory and outcomes of mental health diagnoses
- Cultural considerations relevant to behavioral health treatment
- Referral recommendations for ongoing treatment
- Behavioral health self-management resources
In addition to answering questions, this free service will include:
- An initial needs assessment survey to understand what you need as a provider
- Monthly educational newsletters regarding evidence based practices and mental health news
- Access to a psychiatrist, psychiatric social worker, and a psychiatric registered nurse 24/7
- Online research library with evidence-based and best practice protocols
- Educational opportunities throughout the year about psychiatric illnesses within primary care
To request Virtual Guidance, please call us at:
or complete the “Request Virtual Guidance” form.