Working With the District
Supplies, Services, and Equipment
JPS Health Network has implemented a Supplier Diversity program in addition to the use of diversity suppliers through our Group Purchasing Organization (GPO). Click Materials Management to find out more about GPO.
MWVBE’s initial contact with JPS should be with the Office of Diversity & Inclusion. Staff will provide an overview of the District and guide you through the process of showcasing your products and services. An access interview can be made with the Supplier Diversity Manager, Petrina Bonnick-Higgins, by calling 817-702-3537.
The Supplier Diversity Program strives to identify diverse suppliers to participate in sourcing areas such as medical surgical equipment and supplies, key professional services and other specialty areas.
Role of Supplier Diversity Program
- Implement a Transparent Supplier Policy (TSP)
- Mentoring and Coaching
- Achieve board approved goals for MWVBE participation across the network meeting national benchmarks
- Host annual Leveraging Your Vendor Power (Doing Business with JPS Information Session)
- Celebrate and recognize diversity achievements
- Support and assist internal departments in Supplier Diversity Program participation
The District’s Expectations
In many cases, The District utilizes Request for Quotation (RFQ), Request for Proposal (RFP) or Request for Bids (RFB). To get started as an approved vendor, all suppliers must complete our Vendor Registration Form.
The District only does business with companies who:
- Are competitive and add value to our organization
- Demonstrate safety
- Have a proven track record and references
- Reflect a high level of quality
- Provide on-time deliveries (Customer focused)
- Meet inventory/shipping requirements
- Provide samples for quality control testing
- Meet our insurance requirements
- Have certification as an HUB and/or MWVBE entity
- Promote sustainability and social responsibility through leadership and participation in community based services as reported/monitored by the Institute of Supply Management – ISM
Why do business with HUBs and MWVBEs?
- HUB and MWVBEs provide valuable and competitive products and services
- Utilization of HUB and MWVBEs contributes to the growth of local, regional and national economies
- HUB and MWVBEs are valued JPS customers
How do I get started?
Visit the JPS Procurement System