Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How does one do business with the District through the Supplier Diversity Program?
A. In order for a supplier to be able to participate in the Supplier Diversity program, they must be certified by their local Minority Supplier Development Council, National Minority Supplier Development Council or Women's Business Enterprise National Council.
Q. How can I become certified?
A. If you are not a certified HUB and/or SMWBE and wish to become certified, contact:
- WBCS (Women's Business Council-Southwest)
- NCTRCA (North Central Texas Regional Certification Agency)
- DFWMSDC (Dallas/Fort Worth Minority Supplier Development Council)
- HUB (Historical Underutilized Business - State Agency of Texas)
- TUCP (Texas Unified Certification Program - Disadvantaged Business Enterprises)
- SBE (Small Business Enterprise Program)
- SBA (8(a) Business Development Program)
- HUBZone (HUBZone Empowerment Contracting Program)
Q. How can I contact someone about sourcing opportunities at the District?
A. JPS participates in a number of events throughout the year. Our Supplier Diversity Manager interviews and provides information about sourcing opportunities to potential suppliers during these events.
Q. What commodities and services does the District purchase?
A. The District purchases the following commodities and services:
- Insurance – Riders and secondary/supplemental type policies
- Advertising – Publications and media sources
- Construction – Primary contractor and sub-contractors
- Logistics – LTL/transportation companies
- Merchandising – Use of regional suppliers, ethnic fashion and décor products, nursery/growers, floor care products, etc
- Procurement – Office supplies, printing services, material handling equipment, janitorial products and services, wood and metal fabrication
- Professional Services – outside counsel, medical services providers, accountants, staffing agencies, etc.
Q. I am a current supplier for the District and I received a letter asking me to fill out the supplier registration profile. What happens after I have registered my company?
A. If you are currently doing business with the District, we need to know the status of your business in order to determine if you qualify to participate in the supplier diversity program. If you do not meet any of the qualifications for HUB/MWVBE, please complete the form and check the box that says "not applicable" so you do not receive future notifications.
If you do qualify as a minority, women or veteran-owned business enterprise, your information will be entered into our supplier database for other sourcing opportunities within the company. Your information will be kept in our database for two years. You must update your information every two years in order to continue participation in the program.
Q. How can I contact someone if I have further questions?
A. To learn more about the JPS Supplier Diversity program, contact us at: (817) 702-3537 or SupplierDiversity@jpshealth.org.