JPS Health Network has dedicated itself to caring for our community for more than a century. As the public healthcare system for Tarrant County in North Texas, our mission is at the heart of all we do. The network is anchored by an acute care hospital licensed for 537 beds and is the county's first and only Level I Trauma Center. A commitment to the underserved in our community is a passion and our team members exemplify compassionate care that is patient and family-centered.
Training the healthcare administrative leaders of tomorrow in a climate of healthcare reform is more important than ever. In an effort to enhance the healthcare delivered to our community, and the nation, JPS offers hands-on learning experiences through our Administrative Internship and Fellowship programs that provide an in-depth look at healthcare today.
- Administrative Internships are offered each summer with flexible start and end dates typically running May through August for 12-14 weeks. The program is designed to provide interns with practical knowledge of healthcare administration and observe the challenges facing public hospitals today. Application period opens in December.
- Administrative Fellowships are one-year and begin each June. The program is designed to develop leaders in the healthcare field by exposing recent graduates to a wide range of operational experiences while fostering close interactions with the executive team.
Application period opens in August:
- One year program
- Clinical and Non-Clinical Divisional Rotations
- Directly contribute to organizational projects under executive mentorship
- Projects are selected based on a combination of organizational need and the fellow's skill set and interests
- By the start of the fellowship period a candidate must have earned (or completed the didactic portion of) an MHA, MPH, or MBA with an emphasis in Healthcare Management or an equivalent degree from a CAHME, AACSB, or CEPH accredited program
- Application deadline is the last Friday in September each year.
Now accepting applications for:
Administrative Internship (download brochure)
- 12-14 week program
- Program has flexible start and end dates to run from the end of May through August.
- Master level student in an MHA, MPH, or MBA program with an emphasis in healthcare management, or an equivalent degree from a CAHME, AACSB, or CEPH accredited program
- Application deadline is the last Friday in February each year.