Why is Prenatal Care Important
A healthy start. Why is it important?
Prenatal care benefits every woman during her pregnancy. Women who see a health care provider during pregnancy:
Prenatal care is important to the health and future of your unborn baby.
- Don't wait to see a health care professional.
- Eat healthy. Take a multivitamin every day.
- Your baby's future could depend on your prenatal care.
- Have healthier babies
- Are less likely to deliver too early
- Are less likely to have other serious problems related to pregnancy
Can I afford it?
Several plans are available to assist with the cost of your pregnancy and delivery.
- JPS Connection - tax-supported medical program offered to eligible Tarrant County residents.
- JPS OB Pack - discounted package for prenatal care and delivery to eligible Tarrant County residents.
- Perinatal CHIP
- Private Insurance
Free Classes are Available.
Education classes can help you understand what to expect and how to get ready. In free prenatal classes at JPS, you will learn:
- How your baby grows and develops inside your body
- What to expect during labor and delivery
- Signs of premature/preterm labor
- Caring for yourself and your baby following delivery
- Car seat safety*
*Small fee associated. Class will allow you to earn a car seat at time of delivery.