Care for Your Heart at JPS
When you need heart care, the JPS Cardiology Center provides skilled physicians and leading-edge technology that come together to provide the diagnosis and treatment you need to heal. Here you'll find a range of cardiology services to diagnose and treat heart disease, America's number one killer.
Our dedicated physicians perform a wide variety of procedures and conduct research and clinical trails in cardiac health. The services provided at the JPS Cardiology Center include:
- Non-Invasive Diagnostic Cardiovascular Services
- Walking treadmill tests
- Nuclear stress tests
- Pharmacological stress tests
- Stress Echocardiograms
- Vascular ultrasound exams
- Vascular Doppler exams
- Holter monitors
- 30 day Arrhythmia monitors
- Invasive Cardiovascular Procedures
- Cardiac Catheterization
- Cardiac Interventions including angioplasty and cardiac stents
- Pacemaker Insertions and revisions
- Vascular angiograms
- Peripheral vascular interventions
- Intravascular ultrasound
- Pressure wire procedures
- Cardiology Clinic
- New patient appointments
- Follow up patient appointments
- Coumadin Clinic
- Congestive Heart Failure Clinic
Technology, Certification and Program Highlights
- JPS adopts some of the most innovative technology and treatments available:
- JPS was the first of three facilities in Texas to install an Intravascular Ultrasound Unit in the Cardiac Catheterization Lab.
- JPS installed a second state of the art vascular lab in December 2006.
- JPS performs over 1,500 diagnostic and interventional cardiac cath lab procedures annually.
- JPS performs over 4,000 vascular ultrasound diagnostic procedures annually.
- JPS performs over 9,000 cardiac ultrasound diagnostic procedures annually.
- JPS exceeds the 90-minute American College of Cardiology recommendation for emergent cath arrival time to inflation time by an average of less than 63 minutes.