Local Commitment Alternative Services
LCA is a 20-bed unit serving people18 years of age and older who have gone through the court commitment process and are identified as needing further psychiatric stabilization from the Acute Inpatient Unit. Patients receive individualized, structured treatment in collaboration with MHMR of Tarrant County. The goal of this program is to keep people closer to their support systems for reintegration back into the community with local services that best meet their individual needs.
Services often include:
- Activity therapy, recreational therapy, pet therapy, group and individual therapy.
- Case management and collaboration with MHMR, outpatient providers, family and other community agencies to facilitate an integrated approach in establishing a comprehensive transition plan.
- Comprehensive and multidisciplinary biopsychosocial evaluation.
- Medication management.
- Medical services as needed.
- Continued stabilization of acute psychiatric symptoms.
- Psychological and neuropsychological assessments and consultations as needed.
The Local Commitment Alternative Program focuses on stabilization and reintegration, while one remains close to their support systems. This unit is located at Trinity Springs Pavilion, west of the main hospital at 1500 S. Main St. in Fort Worth.