Unique Aspects of the Program
Residents' Top Ten Reasons for Choosing JPS
- JPS is located in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex, which is a great central location with lots of job opportunities for family members.
- Our state of the art Psychiatric Emergency Center is an excellent teaching venue for severe and emergent psychiatric illness. Your experience there prepares you for even the most demanding jobs in psychiatry.
- The team atmosphere offers a supportive and fun environment.
- We treat a high volume of complex patients for a good well rounded exposure to anything you may encounter once practicing on your own.
- Our attending to resident ratio is 1.25:1 meaning you have plenty of supervision in handling complex cases.
- Competitive salary & benefits.
- We have changed the rotations so interns work two months in outpatient family medicine and two months in inpatient medicine instead of four months of inpatient medicine. The work load is lighter on outpatient medicine, and the medical complaints are more relevant to what you need to know in clinical practice.
- Cost of living in Fort Worth is very affordable.
- Residents serve as expert witnesses in court for commitment hearings. This is an excellent learning experience for learning how to testify in a court setting.
- Lots of free food! The cafeteria allows residents a $10 a day allowance and there are catered lunches at least once a week.