Adult Volunteer Program
Volunteers are needed at John Peter Smith Hospital and at our health centers located in neighborhoods throughout Tarrant County.
Our greatest needs:
- Ambassadors who greet and guide families to their destinations
- Comfort providers who visit with patients and provide care items such as water and books
- Information desk staff who greet/help visitors, answer phones and deliver flowers
- Waiting room ambassadors who visit and assist families during waiting periods
- Mended Hearts volunteers who visit with cardiology patients.
Note: volunteers in this program must have had some kind of heart procedure
- Counsel new parents about the importance of childhood immunizations*
- Entertain patients and visitors by playing instruments
- General office work
- Patient companion in the No One Dies Alone program
- Provide comfort to our smallest patients by holding and rocking
- Pastoral patient care
* Position only available during weekday, day time hours
To get started, contact Volunteer Services at 817-702-1590.