JPS pays homage to Fort Worth’s oldest hospital
Founded in 1883, St. Joseph Hospital provided substantial charity services, building a legacy of equal care to everyone regardless of where they came from or their ability to pay, much like JPS. To pay tribute to those individuals who served at St. Joseph Hospital, more than 200 gathered at a commemoration ceremony held by JPS at the Patient Care Pavilion on June 9, 2012. A smaller event was held on December 3, 2012 to open two time capsules.
To honor St. Joseph Hospital, JPS plans to create an attractive green space for the community where the hospital building once stood. Bricks from the original St. Joseph Hospital will be available for a modest donation in early 2013. To learn more or to donate and receive a brick, please contact the JPS Foundation at email@example.com.