Each year, the JPS Foundation receives funding requests far in excess of its ability to fill them. Because only a small portion of requests can be approved, a decision not to fund a proposal does not reflect on the merits of the applicant or the value of the proposal.
- Funding requests will be considered only from tax-exempt organizations described in Section 510 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 and classified as other than a private foundation with the meaning of section 509 (a) of the Code, or from a qualified public entity described in Section 170 of the Code.
- An organization is limited to one application per calendar year.
- Funding requests are limited to educational, health and human service programs and projects that serve the people of Tarrant County.
- Funds are not made to individuals.
- Funds to other private foundations
- Funds to cover past operating deficits or debt retirements
Applicants must furnish the following information for requests to be considered:
A. List of Board/Officers/Advisory Board members (names only)
B. Financial Support Information
- Current organizational operating budget
- Budget for specific program to be funded
C. Most recent copy of the applicant's status as an exempt organization for federal income tax purposes, e.g. 501 (c) (3) letter
D. Additional documentation pertinent to request, including the organization's most recent 990 filing with the IRS
Applications should be signed by both the chair administrator/executive officer and by the Board president of chair, if applicable.
Completed applications must be received no later than January 15, 2014. Please do not send video or audio tapes, binders or notebooks.
The JPS Foundation will acknowledge receipt of proposals and will request additional information if necessary. The Foundation will provide notice immediately upon final disposition but does not provide status reports during the review process. Please do not request interim updates. All decisions will be made by March 31, 2014.
Preliminary inquiries should be addressed to:
Director, JPS Foundation
1223 S. Main Street
Fort Worth, TX 76104